Good morning all. For about a week now, I’ve been seeing some minor issues with time outs and site sluggishness. I contacted our hosting service and asked them to verify the server status. As expected, it was just fine.
I started going through the plugins to see if something had gone toes up. The answer is yes. If you have been monitoring the site you no doubt saw small changes happening. This was me switching plugin off and on trying to narrow down the problem. I found it and I’ve now disabled that plugin.
I also took the opportunity to disable older plugins that really aren’t being used any longer. I don’t think you will see anything different on the front end, other than some improvement in performance. This is one of the problems with WordPress blogs. In order to make them somewhat useful, you need to add some plugins to improve functionality.
Thank you for your patience.
~The Angry Systems Administrator~