Good day all. I so love how events move faster then I can actually post things. Sunday, December 21st, 60 Minutes was supposed to air a “story” on the prison in El Salvador where the Trump Administration has been sending illegal aliens. The story was pulled from the line up by CBS News’s Editor-in-Chief, Bari Wiess. She said it needed more work.

The story was “Accidentally” streamed in Canada and was, of course, spread around the world. I’ve already written about the outright mutiny in the CBS News division regarding Weiss’s decision to pull the 60 minutes story. Now things have gotten a lot worse for 60 Minutes. Their claim that they hadn’t received any responses from the Trump Administration was a flat out lie. Here are the details from Fox News:
The White House sent CBS a statement that it did not use for the “60 Minutes” CECOT segment that was delayed by network editor-in-chief Bari Weiss, in which it called on the show to amplify stories of Angel Parents.
“As ’60 Minutes’ finalized its ‘Inside CECOT’ report last Thursday, CBS sent the White House a request for comment. A WH spokesperson responded within a few hours. The quote was not included in the ‘60’ report – so, judge for yourself whether it should have been included,” CNN media analyst Brian Stelter wrote on X Tuesday.
The statement from White House spokesperson Abigail Jackson said, according to the New York Times, “60 Minutes should spend their time and energy amplifying the stories of Angel Parents, whose innocent American children have tragically been murdered by vicious illegal aliens that President Trump are [sic] removing from the country.”
Now I do not know if Ms. Weiss was aware of this response from the White House. If she was and saw that it wasn’t included, then that would be a reason to hold the story. If she wasn’t, then she was lied to by the people involved with the production.
Fox News Digital reported that CBS News editor-in-chief Bari Weiss made the decision to delay the segment after determining that, while the interviews were “powerful,” the story ultimately did not “advance the ball” and “was not ready.”
This set off the team that put together the pro-illegal alien hit piece.
Sharyn Alfonsi accused Weiss of spiking the story based on politics and suggested in a memo that the administration had been silent when she sought interviews. However, it’s been reported that the State Department and Department of Homeland Security, as well as the White House, sent on-the-record statements that weren’t included in the segment.
Basically, Alfonsi lied. Right there are the grounds needed for Weiss and Paramount to fire her commie ass. However, she doubled down and may have dragged down several other departments as well.
“Our story was screened five times and cleared by both CBS attorneys and Standards and Practices,” Alfonsi wrote Monday. “It is factually correct. In my view, pulling it now, after every rigorous internal check has been met, is not an editorial decision, it is a political one.”
And I’ve commented before, were these the same CBS attorneys that just cost CBS $16 million dollars? As for Standards and Practices, they have been failing at their job for decades. If both the lawyers and the Standards and Practices groups decided the story was fine and that the responses from the administration didn’t need to be included, they need to be looking for new jobs elsewhere.
Since this all came out, there have been calls to the Ellisons, who own Skydance which now owns Paramount and CBS, that the time has come to take a chainsaw to the CBS News division. Elon Musk has said that they need to pretty much fire everyone, the way he did when he took over Twitter.
I was listening to a clip from WDW Pro Show on this subject. These are people who report on the entertainment sector and are very knowledgeable about their subject. They’ve been monitoring the whole mess that is CBS News for some time and they all agree, Weiss and the Ellisons now have no choice.
I don’t expect anything to happen until after the new year. There are a lot of moving parts that have to be addressed, such as contracts, legal issues and the like. However, I expect that a large number of people from the CBS News division are going to be shown the door in the next few weeks.

Thatisall
~The Angry Webmaster~



(3 votes, average: 3.67 out of 5)