Gas prices heading back up again. Number of oil and gas rigs down

Good day all. Once again, oil and gas prices are heading up and the Biden Maladministration is doing everything it can to make them skyrocket.

Under the Greatest President of the 21st Century, Donald Trump, the United States achieved full energy independence for the first time in decades. As soon as the Hair Sniffer in Chief was installed into office, he began undoing that independence as well as making sure that the United States would be in serious trouble if oil imports were cut off. Now we have evidence that oil and gas production companies are taking rigs offline because they aren’t being allowed to explore or drill. Here are the details from the Washington Examiner:

According to Baker Hughes, only the Permian region experienced an increase in rigs this week, with the area gaining one rig. The Barnett region eliminated its only rig, Eagle Ford is down two rigs, resulting in a total of 55, Marcellus decreased by one rig, equaling 34, and Utica is down one, ending with 12.

Drilling has slowed since December due to weaker prices and higher costs and as companies opt to divert spending to repaying shareholders. However, officials are encouraging the United States to raise its output to meet current demand.

We want to see more supply. … It gets dangerous when the prices are so high,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said last week in an interview with CNBC. “I think the prudent course is to ensure that transportation is affordable for people, and that of course means making sure that supply is stable.”

Granholm, the Canadian Communist, has done everything she can to wreck the fossil fuel industry. Where we had drilling and exploration rigs going up all over the place under President Trump, now we’re seeing indications that the Biden Maladministration is looking to shut down all production in the Permian oil fields. According to Forbes (Paywalled):

As part of a massive, pre-holiday weekend document dump by the Biden administration on June 30, the domestic oil and gas industry received an unwelcome gift from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS), one that shifts Mr. Biden’s continuing war on oil and gas to the Permian Basin. In a notice published in the Federal Register, USFWS said it has determined a need to list the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard, long a topic of concern and controversy, as an endangered species under the Endangered Species Act.

Though a day past deadline, the notice of proposed listing will presumably satisfy a court order requiring the agency to issue a decision no later than June 29. It also upends the conduct of a longstanding conservation plan related to the Lizard, agreed-to in the midst of the Barack Obama administration and most recently updated in 2020, the final year of the Trump presidency.

The goal of the maladministration and the worshipers of the Church of Global Warming and Climate Change, (And it is a state sponsored religion in violation of the 1st Amendment), is the complete destruction of the energy sector of the United States economy with the eventual goal of the end of the United States as a sovereign, independent nation. If this is allowed to stand, look to the maladministration’s next move to shut down all production in the Permian fields.

Thatisall

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading...

~The Angry Webmaster~

 

Share my Musings on Social Media

About Angry Webmaster

I am the Angry Webmaster! Fear Me!
This entry was posted in Economy, Global Warming, Jobs, Moonbat, News of the Day, Precious Snowflakes, Stupidity, The Good Idea Fairy and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply